I am full of chocolate guilt today.
I was going to post a lentil quinoa soup recipe. But darn, looks like I got a little distracted. I’m sorry (no I’m not), can we take a moment to gawk over this chocolate awesomeness? These almond brownies came out of nowhere too. I mean, I had no plans on making these, or even eating chocolate for a few days. Because a few days ago I made chocolate pistachio muffins (I’ll post them), and remember, I am supposed to be on a break from sweets. What happened though is that my almonds were about to expire, and I wanted to use them today. Also I had left over chocolate chips, and you know what? I’ve run out of excuses… oh well I made them, and these are the best double chocolate almond brownies that I have ever made. Can’t you tell?
These almond brownies are SO moist, full of almonds, and you will definitely need some water beside you. Or milk if you drink that. I used Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix for the batter of this brownie recipe. If you’ve never tried that mix I beg you to try it! Most of my baked goods, and pancakes/waffles are made with this mix because they turn out so delicious. Also it is gluten-free for those of you who follow that diet. I’ve had a hard time staying away from these almond brownies today. It is so easy to keep eating them, but I like to think I am better than that. At least I hope I am –the night is young.
Enjoy my delicious double chocolate almond brownies!
- 1 Cup Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix or Flour
- 1 Cup 2% Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup + Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees.
- Take 1/2 chocolate chips, and milk and heat in a pan on medium.
- Mix until completely melted, and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, almonds, and half of the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Mix butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Combine all the mixes and mix everything together.
- At this point, If you need to add 1/4 cup of milk do so.
- Add the last of the chocolate chips and pour mix into a greased pan.
- Top with almond slices if you wish.
- Bake brownies for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Eat them fresh out of the oven hot, or let me cool and enjoy!
You can now post your photos and recipes to WholeYum! Just register, and post a healthy photo link (that links back to your site or any site you grabbed the photo from), and/or a recipe.